Following in the wake of the first High Performance Webinar Series during the last three months of 2020 and the second series in early 2021, European Athletics have initiated a High Performance Online Week 2021 which will take place from 7-11 June.
Member Federations and many other interested parties have already been notified but the invitation to register is open to all coaches, athletes and performance specialists eager to hear and listen more about topics and experiences related to high performance.
The High Performance Online Week 2021 targets all professionals working to deliver high performance in athletics, whether indirectly by managing a structure responsible for performance inside of a sporting organization or directly by training elite athletes.
The objective of such an event is to provide an opportunity for performance specialists to network virtually, to learn and to examine their practices.
Scientific support is an important aspect of high performance athletics and encompasses disciplines like biomechanics, nutrition, physiology, and psychological services. Scientific information is used by individual coaches and athletes in terms of trying to improve performance, such as through dietary regimens, strength training programmes and injury prevention methods.
In addition, there is an increasing reliance on technology (such as GPS systems and power meters) in coaching and performance monitoring of athletes of all abilities.
- Cheap, quick and easy: The advantages and disadvantages of using app-based technology in training.
- What do you want from me? What coaches find useful from scientific support (and what is useless).
- Translating results from the laboratory to results in track and field.
- Train for less than your best: Why athletes rarely set season’s best times in championship racing and why it doesn’t matter.
- Interpreting the methods used in science to evaluate the value of the results to the athletes.
- Potential back-to-back competitions in 2022, including the World Athletics Championships and European Athletics Championships. How can athletes peak for several championships in a short period of time?
- Talent identification and outsourcing.
- Injuries due to lack of training and inconsistency in training: how to prevent big mistakes?
The full programme of the week, including details of all the speakers, is here.
It's free to register and you can do that here.