European Athletics has put together an intensive schedule of seven events for its annual Coaching Summit Series, which has provided high level instructional and networking opportunities since it was inaugurated in 2008 and seen thousands of coaches attend the events in the last 13 years.
Six of the events take place over a five-week period from the end of October starting with the European Combined Events Conference, which brings together a host of experts with extensive experience relating to the discipline.
European Combined Events Conference
Venue: Sollentuna Friidrottshall (SWE)
Dates: 29-31 October
Contact: Janne Wanhainen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sweden’s European heptathlon record holder, the 2004 Olympic champion and noted public speaker Carolina Klüft will open the event on Friday 29 October with a presentation.
- Germany’s head coach of decathlon and German athletics federation 2018 coach of the year Christopher Hallman will be sharing his experiences and professional expertise both seminars and coaching session with one of his athletes Tim Nowak, a European and world U20 championships medallist, and the Swedish international decathlete Fredrik Samuelsson.
- The head of sport psychology for the Swedish Sport Confederation Göran Kenttä will discuss his work and good practice in relation to the combined events.
- Finland’s two-time Coach of the Year Petteri Jouste, a sprint and hurdles specialist will share his experiences from 30 years working in speed training.
- Walter Weber from Hypomeeting Götzis organisers, will explain why the Austrian meeting is widely considered to be the best combined events competition outside of a major international championship.
- Among the participants will be Germany's 2017 world champion Johannes Vetter.
- Details of the full programme and speakers is available here.
- The 9th edition of this Conference will once again bring top coaches, sports scientist and athletes will come together to discuss the latest development of the vertical jumps.
- World-reknowned coaches Vitaly Petrov, Greg & Helena Duplantis and Marco Tamberi are just four of the outstanding experts who will share their knowledge and expertise. Besides technical discussions, 'what we learned from Covid' ‘periodisation’ will be one of the main topics of the conference.
- Numbers are limited to 150 so early registration is advised. A full programme can be seen and downloaded here.
Venue: Leeds Beckett University, Leeds (GBR)
Dates: 12-14 November 2021
Contact: Brian Hanley email@example.com
Website : https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/events/conferences-and-symposiums/european-endurance-conference-2021/
- 2019 world 1500m champion and 2020 Olympic Games silver medallist Timothy Cheruiyot will be in attendance with coach, Bernard Ouma, who will speak about his experiences and expertise in coaching middle-distance runners in Kenya.
- The programme includes talks by 2019 50km world champion Aly Dixon and 2010 European Athletics Championships 1500m winner Arturo Casado.
- Leading scientific experts on endurance, including Professor Andy Jones, Professor Sue Backhouse and Dr Richard Blagrove will present on the latest research developments.
- The conference is supported by England Athletics and the British Milers Club, and will feature expert talks, workshops and practical sessions on track and road running, as well as race walking.
- This conference can boast this year of an outstanding lineup of coaches and athletes including the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games champion Valarie Allman and her coach Zebulon Sion. The programme involves a combination of lecture sessions and practical skills, focussing on development on the track and also in the weight room.
Speed & Hurdles Conference
Dates: 5 December
Contact: Shani Palmer firstname.lastname@example.org
European Athletics Member Federations are eligible for the Coaching Summit Series Scholarship grants as follows:
400 CHF if one coach takes part in a Coaching Summit Series event
800 CHF if two coaches take part in a Coaching Summit Series event
1200 CHF if a third coach takes part in one of the Series Events and if this coach is a woman
The above Scholarship grants are meant to cover part of the overall cost of in-person meetings e.g. registration, travel, accommodation.
In case of an online event, European Athletics will cover the amount up to the registration fee of two (2) persons, and three (3) if the third person is a woman (and within the above amounts).
For further details contact: European Athletics Development Coordinator Yannick Morard email@example.com