The award of hosting rights for two European championships tops the agenda of this weekend’s European Athletics Council meeting in Amsterdam.
The Dutch capital will host the European Athletics Championships this summer and with less than three months to go the Council will also evaluate the progress and advise on final preparations for our flagship event.
Starting on Friday afternoon, the Council will hear reports on the activities of the President and the Executive Board (EXBO).
On Saturday morning the Council will decide on the host city for the 2019 European Athletics Indoor Championships following presentations from representatives of Apeldoorn/NED, Glasgow/GBR, Minsk/BLR and Torun/POL.
Then the city to host the 2018 European Athletics U18 Championships will be chosen between Rieti/ITA and GyÅ‘r/HUN.
Among other important items to be addressed over the weekend include:
- Good Governance policy and a Declaration of Integrity
- Bidding process for the multi-sport 2022 European Championships
- Status update on the Innovation Project
- Restructure of the International Competitions System and Calendar
- Branding strategy
- Discussion on Running for All and an update on the Member Federation Development Support System.
- Commission reports
- Financial Planning 2016-2019 and Investment Strategy
A full report of the Council's decisions will be communicated via press release and on the European Athletics website after the meeting ends on Sunday.